Thursday, May 1, 2008

My first novel

This short novel is based on a true story about my Westhighland White Terrior, Charlie. He was terrified of thunderstorms and one summer day when he was let out in the backyard to play, he bolted like a strike a lightening. We searched all over our fenced in yard, but there was no sign of him. I even crawled in the mud on my belly under the porch in case he was stuck or too afraid to come out. Still no Charlie. We finally did find him a few blocks away. Some kind neighbors saw him running scared through their backyard and called him in. They dried him off and gave him some warm milk and loved him up until we found him and loved him up some more. I told the story to my grandchildren over the telephone and they wanted me to retell it so many times that I decided I would just write a book. So I did and here it is. There are only two copies published in 2000. If you would like to order a copy I will just make another one. Sweet Charlie died five years ago and the ripe old age of 14. I still miss him.




No comments: