Saturday, May 3, 2008

Judyvan's Darling Suitcase




Here is an adorable suitcase I made for my granddaughter to store all the fun things I make for her. She can also use it for sleepovers. I had so much fun making it. I took an old suitcase from a garage sale, cleaned it up and painted it. Then I found all the pictures of her from birth to twelve and scanned them all, then cut
them out. I bought some ribbons, trim,
stickers, and other trinkets I had around the house. I layed out the pictures on the table first to get a sense of how I wanted to arrange them. Then used mode podge glue and pasted them all on. After it all dried, I put several more coats of the paste to make it good and secure. You can see both side are different. My granddaughter just loved it. I made one for my grandson too, but can't find the photo I took of it. So don't throw those little old suitcases away. Just make it into a piece of art.






4 comments:

Lotus said...

Judy, what a great idea! If I ever get crafty---who am I kidding, I'm not a crafty person. Good thing I have a friend who is.

Judyvan said...

Start looking for little suitcases so we can make one for Lotus when she sleeps over at grandma's.

Lotus said...

What a GREAT idea! She has her own room here, but a suitcase would be soooo cute. I'll start looking right now!

Judyvan said...

You get the suitcase and pictures and I will help. Fun, fun.